Big Fish - Film Review (NO SPOILERS)

September 24, 2014

Director: Tim Burton
Starring: Ewan McGregor, Albert Finney, Billy Crudup, Jessica LangeHelena Bonham Carter, Alison Lohman, Robert Guillaume, Marion Cotillard, Steve Buscemi, Danny DeVito, Matthew McGrory




I was sceptical about watching this film, directed by Tim Burton I felt that the plot would be too confusing and strange for my liking. I WAS SO WRONG! This film had me captivated from the first moment it appeared on my screen. It was neither complex nor simple; it was the perfect blend of far-strung tales and honest truth.


Basically, to put it finely, it is the life story of Edward Bloom (Played by Ewan McGregor when young and Albert Finney when old) and let me say, what an interesting life he had! I went through one heck of a journey with Edward but, trying to guess what happens next is impossibility; and that’s exactly what I loved about it. This film wasn’t set to a formula, I honestly couldn’t figure out what was going to happen next and I found it so refreshing. I was enthralled; captivated by the life that was playing out on screen, never knowing what was going to happen next, just simply knowing that it would be amazing. I know that sounds very poetic but there’s no other way to describe it. Each scenario sounds like it shouldn’t link with the other, but somehow Burton created a patchwork quilt of scenarios that worked perfectly within the film and at the same time, wasn’t too overwhelming so that I understood what was going on.
I am going to score this film 10/10; it’s one for the whole family, there’s romance, action and far-flung tales that will have everybody enthralled in the life of Edward Bloom. Definitely one to watch.



Back to top

You Might Also Like

0 comments