As you know, Halloween in nearly upon us, so I thought I would give you a list of my top 5 family Halloween movies for you to enjoy:
- Hocus Pocus: Starring Bette Midler a young Sarah Jessica Parker and Kathy Ninjami, this film has evil singing witches, clumsy zombies and not forgetting a talking cat. The result; a fun, movie for all the family to enjoy.
- Nightmare Before Christmas: Now, I’m not sure whether this is a Halloween film or a Christmas film, but I love it. Using stop motion animation, it is both creepy and intriguing, a definite one to watch this winter.
- Bedknobs and Broomsticks: This was one of my favourite films when I was younger, combining both colourful animation and quirky live-action this film is an all-rounder. Also, look out for the young Bruce Forsyth as the book-shop owners intern…
- Frankenweeinie: Directed by the genius that is Tim Burton, this film is about one boy’s love for his dog. Its basically Frankenstein for kids and its thoroughly entertaining, if slightly creepy (but hey what can you expect, its Tim Burton!)
- Casper The Friendly Ghost: Starring a young Christina Ricci, this film is exactly what it says on the tin (or title… ya know) A young girl befriends a friendly ghost and sets about trying to make him human again… resulting in a sweet and oddly charming film.