Lessons From 2014

January 15, 2015

A lot changes in a year right? You don’t always notice it, but when you do, you REALLY notice it! And okay, as a teenager, I don’t pretend to know everything, I still have a long way to go before I can give valuable life advice. But here are five things I learnt over the course of 2014…
 


  • People change, whether it’s for good or bad and that’s okay. You can’t always be that 11 year old that loved Spongebob and listened to One Direction, things change, people change and to be affected by these changes (in both a positive and negative light) is good and allows you to become a better person.
  • It’s okay to change your mind. Personally, I am THE MOST indecisive person in the world, but I’ve learnt that it’s okay. It’s okay to want something, and to change your mind. As long as nobody's feelings are being toyed with, changing your mind is A-Okay!


  • No-one in your home town looks like Ryan Gosling! This is a sad truth, but you might as well accept it now, unless you live somewhere cool with a pretty attractive gene pool, chances are Ryan Gosling has not integrated himself amongst the old ladies playing Bingo every Tuesday! #dreamcrusher 
  • Plans aren’t set in stone. Don’t base your life around something that can’t be changed (e.g. I WILL go to law school and I will work at this specific firm and I will be married by age 30) trust me, those plans will get messed around, by all means go to law school, just don’t define your life in such strict terms.
  • Finally, there is going to come a point where you are going to have to do things you don’t want to do. That’s the sucky thing about life, but you could end up enjoying it in the process, so every cloud has a silver lining, right?



 


Back to top

You Might Also Like

0 comments