It's good to have goals (1/31)

March 12, 2015

So yesterday, after a pretty hectic day, I sat down to watch Julie & Julia and I had a mini epiphany! Amy Adams' character, Julie, like me has a blog and, also like me, she has trouble finishing things. That got me thinking; "well I haven't posted on my blog in over a month, maybe I should take a leaf of Julie's book and set myself a time frame."



But first, let me explain...
I realised that I have been blogging for all the wrong reasons. I began this blog wanting (and to some extent still wanting) to be a film critic. However... I found that after a while I was getting bored of having to analyse a film and decide then and there whether or not I liked it. So I'm making a change. I have decided that, while I may do the odd film and book review, this blog will be about what I want. That sounds silly considering that no one was forcing me to write reviews - I started this by myself with a genuine interest, but I've come to the conclusion  that I would like some flexibility in what I post, rather than being confined by reviews.

Which leads me nicely onto the 'news', as I mentioned earlier, I am taking a leaf out of Julie's book and I am setting myself a timeframe of 1 month (gotta start somewhere right?) where I will blog everyday about anything and everything that springs to mind. Whose to say that one day I might decide to publish a film review, but this is my little corner of the internet and I will fill it with whatever I wish...

Thank you for coming on this journey with me so far... I hope you stay to find out what happens next and this has been day 1 of 31...

Lottie :)

Back to top

You Might Also Like

0 comments