Noah - Film Review (NO SPOILERS) (19/31)

March 30, 2015












Director: Darren Aronofsky



So we got this film a few weeks ago and I wasn't all that fussed about watching it (I'm not one for Biblical Epics), plus the film starred Russell Crowe (sos) so that already put it on a bad foot but I was willing to put all that aside in the name of reviewing it...






What a strange little (albeit 2 and a half hour long) film. I mean it's based on the story we all know from Primary School but about half-way through, it suddenly goes dark and very strange. The original story is still there but it kinda becomes more intense and I'm not sure if I liked it or not. The special effects were very good, although there was this one part where it was sort of like a stop-motion and it made my eyes go strange and unfocussed.





But, I just couldn't get over how miss-matched this film seemed to be. There was the traditional story, overlaid by a new, modern twist which suddenly involved angels... I mean my brain was just going "AHHHH!" This new twist was a little confusing, there were elements of the film that didn't seem to fit and weren't explained enough which made me very confused about what direction the film was taking.





Overall, I think this film is worth a 4/10 because it was watch-able but a little confusing and strange.





Oh, and now we are watching this programme called The Ark which is basically another telling of the Noah story... yay



Back to top

You Might Also Like

0 comments