The Imitation Game - Film Review (NO SPOILERS) (3/31)

March 14, 2015




Director: Morten Tyldum

As always, I am late jumping on the 'bandwagon' when it comes to films, and this was no different but all I can say is "THANK YOU SKY MOVIES FOR AIDING MY MOVIE-WATCHING ABILITY!"





Focussing on three periods of maths genius, Alan Turing's life, this film was simultaneously heart-breaking and gratifying. I was so intrigued by the intricacy of the plot that I almost forgot about the fate of Alan Turing - it's one of those films where you know how it will end (much like 'Hitchcock')  but still wishing it wouldn't happen. I think 'utterly heartbreaking' is an appropriate term to describe such a film, but entertaining nonetheless. But it's so good that I can totally see why it won so many awards; Oscars for 'Best Actor', 'Best Actress', 'Best Film' and 'Best Screenplay' to name a few and both Benedict Cumberbatch and Kiera Knightley were amazing, portraying their characters with a mixture of delicacy and intimacy that is a rare combination to find!




For an utterly beautiful film, I am going to score this 10/10, everything about it was brilliant, now... if you excuse me I'm going to go and cry violently into a pillow!

Back to top

You Might Also Like

0 comments