Happy Blogaversary!

May 31, 2015

I only realised this earlier this month, but today is a rather special day for Hello, I'm Lottie!


IT'S THE FIRST BIRTHDAY OF MY BLOG! I can't quite believe that something I created on a whim one day is still going strong one year on, but here we are and I think it's fitting that I tell you the story of how my blog came about:

Basically, I had toyed with the idea of creating a blog for many months prior to actually doing it. From a young age I have always loved writing and, as I got older I wanted something that had an actual audience, rather than just friends and family members... I wanted something I could control myself and this led me to consider blogging. But, as I did so, I was struck with the questions; who would want to read it? What would I write about? and after much deliberation, I considered film blogging; after all, I had just finished college for the summer after my exams, and I needed something to occupy my mind before returning to college in September. I liked the idea of reviewing films as it gave me a hook into what I would write about and so my blog wouldn't be drivvle until I discovered a topic, I could just jump in straight away and begin as I meant to go on. 

I honestly fully expected to lose interest in blogging once I returned to college, but I guess it kinda stuck and I realised how much I love writing on here. I know my theme has changed over time, but I am thankful that I 'bit the bullet' so-to-speak and created this blog. I love how I have some corner of the internet that is completely my own, I can create whatever I want on here without restrictions, whenever I want. For me, it fits easily around my lifestyle, I did try YouTube 2 years ago, but the videos took a lot longer than expected to shoot, edit and upload, so much so that I quickly lost interest. With blogging, I am able to do what I love without having to learn how to edit or spending hours filming a video - here I can blog in my pyjamas and you would never know... Although I think that serves to prove how lazy I am more than anything! :) But what I am trying to say, without writing a novel, is that blogging has become a bigger part of my life than I thought it would, and honestly I wouldn't change it for the world! 

And, as a special birthday gift to you, here is my first ever blog post:
As you can see, nothing much has changed haha, despite the format because I began my blog on WordPress (which looks ancient now I am accustomed to my Blogger look!) I honestly don't know why I chose the green background but there you go... Green! 

Anyways, thanks for reading that longer than usual blog post. I just wanted to say a huge thank you to those of you who have read my blog so far and here's to another year of blogging! 

Lottie :) 



Back to top

You Might Also Like

0 comments