Frozen? Let it gooo!

July 19, 2015

So I kinda have a confession... some of you won't like it, but I feel like I have to get it out or I will burst...

I am 100% fed up with seeing Frozen merchandise and hearing 'Let It Go' every hour of the day! There I said it!

Don't get me wrong, I loved the film when it came out... in 2013. But here we are, in 2015 and still new merch is being released and, honestly, it's driving me crazy! Everywhere I go there's Anna and Elsa this and Olaf that, I even saw Olaf jogging bottoms in Primark the other day! It's been 2 years, let's move on and for the love of my sanity please stop playing 'Let It Go' like it's the only Disney song out there... what about 'Be Our Guest' from Beauty and the Beast? Or 'Kiss The Girl' from The Little Mermaid? Or even 'Hellfire' from the brilliant, yet underrated, Hunchback of Notre Dame!! WHY AM I STILL HEARING ABOUT THE SNOW GLOWING WHITE ON THE MOUNTAINS AFTER 2 YEARS? 

I get that the characters break the mould for Disney by having the love of siblings save the day, rather than true love (which I probably didn't need to tell you because, let's be honest, we've all seen the film...) But other Disney films did that too; There's Mulan who saved China (#badass amirite?) and Merida who saved her mum herself (without any guy intervention what so ever!!) and Pocahontas who managed to save her village from the settlers and yet all we hear about is how Frozen was revolutionary! I will admit it's pretty impressive how each snowflake was unique but Mulan is based on a true story and she kicked proper Hun booty so... 

All I am asking is that the 'Frozen Fever' die down not only for my sanity, but for the sanity of every parent who has heard 'Let It Go' 300 times a day for the last 2 years... Y'ALL NEED TO LET IT GO!! (See what I did there? ;) )

Lottie :) 

Petition to make this the new Disney song of the year! :') #Hellfire2k15 

Back to top

You Might Also Like

0 comments