Inside Out - A Film Review

July 24, 2015

I know I haven't posted a film review in a while but I felt that I should break my silence for this film. A friend and I went to see Pixar's 'Inside Out' and, other than knowing it was about emotions, I had no idea the direction the film would take. 

I was shocked to discover how deep this film actually was and without giving away major plot points, I couldn't believe that what I was watching was essentially a children's film! By centering around the 5 main emotions; Joy, Sadness, Anger, Fear and Disgust, Pixar was able to give a deep and well-educated (and also entertaining) insight into our minds and how they work. As I said before, this is a children's film and yet I was able to better empathise with the characters than I have ever been able to do with films marketed at my age group - I mean, everyone has emotions, childhood memories and has also experienced times when they have felt that their emotions are out of control, but not everyone can relate to being in a love triangle with a sparkly vampire and a hot werewolf, right? Right?

Needless to say, my emotions were all over the place (see what  I did there?) when I left the cinema, I had been on a literal rollercoaster of emotions but now, 7 hours later, I can't stop thinking about it and how I felt while watching. If a film leaves you excited about it, hours after viewing, you know you're onto a winner!

10/10

*Pixar have also come up with this nifty little emotion chart, which allows kids to better understand how they are feeling. 

Can Pixar do nothing wrong? :')



Back to top

You Might Also Like

0 comments