London with friends and David Cameron jogging...

July 07, 2015

This weekend has had to be one of the best times of my life! It was my best friend's birthday and, after her surprise birthday party, we headed down to London to celebrate!

I have only been to London four times (this being my fourth) and I loved it! This was the first time I have been in summer and the atmosphere around Leicester Square where we were staying was electric; during the day people sat around the fountains, sipping drinks or watching their children play but at night there were dance battles (and no, I'm not joking) and loud music blaring from the bars... it was awesome! As we were all 18 (finally!) we got to experience the nightlife and had cocktails on a boat and ventured around the bars near China Town (where we saw Marcus Butler and Niomi Smart outside a club!) so basically, we had an amazing time!

We also went to see Matilda at the Cambridge Theatre, my friend had been bugging us about seeing it after she had gone to London earlier in the year and I have to say it was pretty awesome! I love the film and the book so to see some of my favorite childhood characters cavorting around the stage in a larger-than-life manner was really fun! I think the adults loved it just as much (if not more than) the children, everyone was clapping and singing along with the songs and just generally having a great time. My favourite character has to be, hands down, the sassy dance partner of Mrs Wormwood named Rudolpho. If there is one way to describe him it's Louis Spence! He literally just danced around the stage, kicking his leg and showing off his faked tanned pecks and let's not forget the sassy remarks he came out with! He was hilarious! Another one of my favourite characters was Miss Trunchbull who (after scaring me as a child in the film) provided humour and sass to the role which made her character (dare I say it?) Likeable!

But the highlight of the weekend was not the show, was not seeing Marcus and Niomi... it was seeing David Cameron on his morning jog on the south embankment!! There we were, casually walking to the Snog frozen yogurt bar when my friend prodded me and said "That's David Cameron!" of course I didn't believe her, until he jogged past us, flanked by two security members. That's right, the Prime Minister had just jogged past us, now that's not something you see every day... especially in the small town where I live!!

So there you have it...an account of the best weekend ever! Hope I haven't made you too jealous by rubbing shoulders with celebs but, that's the life I live now ha ha!

Lottie :)


Back to top

You Might Also Like

0 comments